What you need:
1. Heart Baking Pan – I purchased this Wilton Easy Flex Heart 24-Cavity Silicone Mold for $9.94.
2. Crayons – you will use approximately 2, 24 count boxes of crayons. We had many broken crayons laying around the house so we used those and 1 box.
1. Place the broken crayons into the baking pan. I filled each heart up to the top of the pan.
2. Place the pan on a baking sheet and cook at 250 for 15 minutes
3. Let cool. I put mine outside for an hour since it’s chilly outside, but you could also put them in the refrigerator or freezer.
4. Pop them out of the pan and you have Heart Crayons!
My kids loved these. Even my 11 year old helped with this activity and took a heart to hide in his room so it wouldn’t disappear.
We chose to also make ours into Valentine’s. For the Valentine’s I purchased clear goodie bags at Dollar General (15 for $1) or HERE, construction paper and ribbon. I cut the paper into hearts and wrote “You Color My World” and “You Melt My Heart” on the hearts for a sweet Valentine’s Day Message.
Let me know if you try these and what your kids’ think!